[emms-help] More mpv player code review
Mike Kazantsev
2018-06-06 20:44:13 UTC
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 22:18:26 +0200
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 16:21:39 +0200
Do you know if maybe there is some generic way to create fifo and pipe
process for it on arbitrary systems, by the way?
Given that subprocess is started for this already, wonder if maybe
there can be some "fake fifo pipe" process on e.g. windows or a general
routine for other platforms which maybe don't have "cat" or fifos.
I'm not sure of the exact requirements here, but what about
`make-proces' and `make-pipe-process'?
See "(elisp) Asynchronous Processes" and
So as I understand pipes seem to be portable.
Not tested though, and I don't know how well mpv works on Windows.
They are, but it's not stdin/stdout pipes that are non-portable with
--input-file, but (a) a fifo socket, (b) binary to create fifo socket
("mkfifo"), and (c) binary to read from fifo socket ("cat").

I think there're some kind of replacements for all of these on windows,
and probably on other more werid platforms that emacs/mpv support, so
there might also be a cross-platform abstraction for these, but maybe
won't help anyway, as mentioned.
--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net