[emms-help] The mpv backend is now part of Emms
Pierre Neidhardt
2018-04-09 06:56:30 UTC
I'm happy to announce that I've just merged Desmond O. Chang's mpv
backend upstream.

It was originally hosted at

https://github.com/dochang/emms-player-mpv

The setup hasn't changed.
The mpv backend is now part of the default setup.

Feedback is always welcome!
Pierre Neidhardt
Yoni Rabkin
2018-04-09 14:26:37 UTC
Post by Pierre Neidhardt
I'm happy to announce that I've just merged Desmond O. Chang's mpv
backend upstream.
It was originally hosted at
https://github.com/dochang/emms-player-mpv
The setup hasn't changed.
The mpv backend is now part of the default setup.
Feedback is always welcome!
Excellent; thank you.

Shouldn't --no-audio-display be in the parameter list by default? Do
people want to see album art pop up (I certainly don't, but maybe some
people do.)
Pierre Neidhardt
2018-04-09 17:28:44 UTC
Post by Yoni Rabkin
Shouldn't --no-audio-display be in the parameter list by default? Do
people want to see album art pop up (I certainly don't, but maybe some
people do.)
Yes, I'm also on that side, but see:

https://github.com/dochang/emms-player-mpv/issues/8

I don't have a strong opinion about this.
--
Pierre Neidhardt

In Tulsa, Oklahoma, it is against the law to open a soda bottle without
the supervision of a licensed engineer.
Yoni Rabkin
2018-04-09 17:37:40 UTC
Post by Pierre Neidhardt
Post by Yoni Rabkin
Shouldn't --no-audio-display be in the parameter list by default? Do
people want to see album art pop up (I certainly don't, but maybe some
people do.)
https://github.com/dochang/emms-player-mpv/issues/8
I don't have a strong opinion about this.
In that case, I'll go ahead and add --no-audio-display as a default. If
there is any pushback we can always change the default.